Tuesday 6 May 2014

Freiburg

On the Monday after Easter, Jakob, Linda (Jakob's sister) and I, headed off to Freiburg on the train to start practicing for the school musical 'My Fair Lady' (mentioned in My First Week of School).

We left on the Monday morning earlier than we needed, to so that we could catch up with Jasper, Jorin (Jasper's exchange) Lotta, Raffi and Claire.
Jasper has written a very good blog describing his three months in Germany (http://jasperlindell.blogspot.de/), and so has Lotta although she is staying for six months instead of three (http://germanydiaries.blogspot.de/). Raffi and I became good friends in Australia when he came over for six months, and it was good to see them all again.
We eventaully found Starbucks and a nice Italian Pizza Restaurant that sold such good but unbelievably cheap pizza. I think I will definately good back there before my three months are up.

Afterwards, Jakob, Linda and I caught the tram to one of the Freiburg Waldorf Schools. The next day practice for My Fair Lady started. It wasn't great for me from the start, Herr Götte (the music teacher) didn't have much music organised for me so I was reading off Piano scores for the most part of the two days we were there.
Those two days basically consisted of being kept awake untill about 1 or 2 in the morning, practicing music that I had trouuble deciphering, and eating...Doesn't sound too bad untill you keep on playing the sames songs over and over again.
I was glad to leave by Wednesday afternoon and head back to Stuttgart on the bus. Herr Götte even promised he would have my music organised by the time we got back to school! He nearly did...

No comments:

Post a Comment